Statement Of Ethics
ETHICS & JOURNAL WRITING CODE OF JOURNAL of APPLIED BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (JABA)
The concept of value is appropriate for good and appropriate goals. Related to norms, morality, institutions, good welfare and religion (Setiawan, 2011).
AUTHOR CODE OF ETHICS (Setiawan, 2011):
- Make an original work, not copying
- Maintain truth and benefits and information disseminated so that it is not misleading
- Write carefully, thoroughly, and precisely
- Responsible for his writing
- Give benefits for the user community
- In periodic scientific discussions, choose what the author asks to follow the style of the environment that is periodically determined which is intended
- Receive suggestions for improvements from the periodic editors that are addressed
- Uphold the rights, opinions or findings of others
- Aware of scientific violations (Falsification, Fabrication, Plagiarism)
Figuration of Scientific Violations (LIPI, 2013):
- Counterfeiting research results
- Writing, canceling and / or announcing the results of research without proof of having carried out the research process.
- Falsification of research data
- Manipulating research materials, equipment or processes, changing or not including data or research results, making research incomplete with research records;
- The process of theft, objects and / or results in the proposed research, carried out, discussed and in the results of research,
- For example: struggle, struggle, process, object and results of research, whether in the form of data or words,
- Regarding material obtained through limited research (approved confidential), requested research plans and other people's texts without acknowledgment of award.
- Extortion of Researchers and Research Assistants
- For example: Senior researchers extort junior research staff and research assistants to seek interests, seek, and / or obtain awards for the work of other parties.
- Unfair actions of fellow Researchers in granting authorship rights by not including the author's name and / or incorrectly including the author's order according to the intellectual contribution of a researcher.
- The researcher also conducts unfair research by publishing data and / or research results without the permission of research institutions or deviating from conventions related to funding institutions regarding the intellectual property rights (HKI) of research results.
- Intentional carelessness
- Can consist of: not storing important data for a reasonable period of time, using data without the owner's permission, or not publishing important data or data hiding unacceptably.
- Discovery of original findings in more than 1 (one) channel, without any improvement, detection of content, data, and / or not prior publication.
- The publication of fractions of 1 (one) finding that is not the result of incremental, multi-disciplinary and different-perspective research is duplication or publication of salami.
PLAGIATION (Permendiknas no. 17 th 2010)
- Plagiarism is a work that is intentionally or unintentionally taken or responded to with credit or value for scientific work with / or scientific works / or scientific works related to scientific work, without appropriate and appropriate sources of information.
- Plagiator is a person or group of people who oppose plagiarism, each acting for themselves, for groups and on behalf of each body.
- Prevention of plagiarism is preventive action carried out by university leaders in order to avoid plagiarism in the university environment.
- Prevention of plagiarism is a repressive action carried out by university leaders by imposing sanctions on plagiarists in the university environment involving the academic credibility of the university produced.
Techniques for doing Paraphrase (Knowles; 2007)
- Read and read the original reading again until you understand.
- Change possible words from original readings with matching synonyms.
- Change grammar forms (for example: passive sentences become active sentences).
- Never use the same words with words in the original reading, other than words that do not have synonyms (example: chemical elements, place names, people's names, diseases, etc.).
- Don't make the same story sequence with the original reading.
- Group / combine / reorder ideas from the original reading without changing the meaning.
Quotation (direct quote) (Myrtati):
- Use - with the same - other people's words.
- Use quotes or share different paragraphs (indentation)
- Write down the reference source according to the style of translation received.
Plagiarism checker (Sutopo, 2014):
- http://www.plagiarism-detector.com/plagiarism- detector-demo-download.php
- http://plagiarism-checker- x.en.softonic.com/download
- Makalah Etika Penulisan Ilmiah oleh ; DR. Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, MSi., APU (Kepala Pusat Data Informasi dan Humas BNPB)
- Makalah Kode Etik Penulisan Karya Ilmiah, oleh Setiawan; (Bahan TOT Penuisan Karya Ilmiah, 2011)
- Permendiknas No. 17 Tahun 2010 Tentang Pencegahan dan Penanggulangan Plagiat di Perguruan Tinggi.
- Peraturan Kepala Lembaga Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia Nomor 06/E/2013 tentang Kode Etika Peneliti.
PUBLICATIONS ETHICS JOURNAL OF APPLIED BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (JABA)
The Journal of Applied Business Administration is one of the journals managed by the Business Administration Study Program, Politeknik Negeri Batam published twice a year in March and September. Which starts from Volume 01, Number 01, and March 2017. Contains writings that are taken from the results of research in the field of Business Administration. The Journal of Applied Business Administration is a scientific journal published online and free of charge and publishes articles or scientific papers from research in the field of Business Administration. This journal is primarily intended for applied business administration with a special focus on solving industrial problems. The journal of Applied Business Administration publishes quality articles based on empirical research, theoretical and practical articles.
This scientific code of ethics statement is a code of ethics statement for all parties involved in the process of publishing scientific journals, namely managers, editors, best partners, and authors. The Code of Ethics for Scientific Publication basically upholds three ethical values in publication, namely (i) Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications; (ii) Justice, which is to give authorship rights to those who are entitled as authors; and (iii) Honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications.
- Publisher the Journal of Applied Business Administration is responsible for publishing manuscripts which, after going through the process of editing, reviewing, and laying out in accordance with the rules of publishing the Scientific Journal.
- Publishers the journal of Applied Business Administration is responsible for ensuring academic freedom for editors and Mitrabestari in carrying out their respective duties.
- Publisher Journal the Journal of Applied Business Administration is responsible for maintaining privacy and protecting intellectual property and copyright, and editorial freedom.
- Editor the Journal of Applied Business Administration is responsible for deciding the proper texts to be published through board editorial meetings that refer to applicable legal requirements regarding defamation, copyright infringement, duplication, data fabrication, data falsification and plagiarism.
- In the process of reviewing and accepting manuscripts, the editorial team of the Journal of Applied Business Administration based on the principle of equality of treatment in making decisions to publish texts by not distinguishing the race, gender, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, or political ideology of the author.
- Editor and editorial team The Journal of Applied Business Administration will not disclose any information about the manuscript or manuscript entered except with the author's permission.
- Unpublished manuscripts will not be used by the editor's research Journal of Applied Business Administration for their own purposes and will be returned directly to the author.
Mitrabestari The journal of Applied Business Administration assists editors in making editorial decisions on incoming texts / texts
- Mitrabestari The journal of Applied Business Administration is responsible for the recommendations of the manuscript it examines.
- The study of the manuscript is carried out objectively, and is supported by clear arguments.
- Mitrabestari The journal of Applied Business Administration is responsible for the quotation, reference, duplication, fabrication of data, falsification of data and plagiarism of the texts it examines.
- Mitrabestari The journal of Applied Business Administration must always maintain the confidentiality of information and not use information from the manuscript that it examines for personal gain / interest.
- The author must present the text of the results of his thoughts or research clearly, honestly and without duplication, data fabrication, data falsification and plagiarism.
- The author is responsible for the confirmation submitted for the written text.
- The author must show references from the opinions and works of others quoted
- Authors must write the script ethically, honestly and responsibly, in accordance with applicable scientific writing rules.
The author does not object if the text is edited in the process of review and layout without changing the substance or main idea of the writing.
American Psychological Association (APA) Style
Jurnal Politeknik Negeri Batam, Manajemen Bisnis, Program Studi Administrasi Bisnis Terapan,
Ahmad Yani, Batam Center, Batam, Kepulauan Riau. 29461.
Copyright © 2016 Politeknik Negeri Batam
Pusat Penelitian dan Pengabdian Masyarakat
E-ISSN: 2548-9909 (online)